Home > All Pet Supplies >
Nobivac FeLV (Fevaxyn FeLV)
Item #: 30159-415
Availability: In Stock
Usually ships In 1-2 Business Days
Nobivac® FeLV (Fevaxyn FeLV) is recommended for the vaccination of healthy cats against diseases caused by feline leukemia. This is a killed version of the virus. Recommended for the use in healthy cats 9 weeks of age or older.
- Prior to use, warm the Nobivac® FeLV to room temperature and shake well.
- Vaccinate healthy cats 9 weeks of age or older.
- Initial vaccination: Inject 1 dose (1mL) subcutaneously or intramuscularly at 9 weeks of age or older.
- Second vaccination: Inject 1 dose (1mL) subcutaneously or intramuscularly 3 to 4 weeks following the initial vaccination.
- Two doses are required for primary immunization.
- A 22 gauge needle is recommended for the vaccination of FeLV
- Revaccinate every 2 years with a single dose. Studies indicate that cats vaccinated with Nobivac® FeLV are protected against persistent FeLV viremia for at least two years after vaccination.
- Store at 2° - 7°C.
- Do not freeze
- Do not mix with other vaccines
- Use new, non-chemically sterilized needles and syringes
- Burn vaccine container and all unused contents
- Contains gentamicin and amphotericin B as preservatives
- Some reports suggest that in cats, the administration of certain veterinary biologicals may induce the development of injection-site fibrosarcomas.
- The use of a biological product may produce anaphylaxis and/or other inflammatory immune-mediated hypersensitivity reactions. Antidote: Epinephrine, corticosteroids, and antihistamines may all be indicated depending on the nature and severity of the reaction.
- It is important to realize that certain conditions and events may cause some cats to be unable to develop or maintain an adequate immune response following vaccination. Prior exposure to the disease, or disease latency, are conditions in which vaccination will not alter the course of the disease. Therefore, diagnostic testing of all cats for FeLV antigen prior to vaccination is recommended. Also, vaccination with this product will not offer cross-protection against feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV), another feline retrovirus. It is important to advise the cat owner of these situations prior to vaccination.