Methio-Form® Tablets treats and prevents urinary stones and urinary tract infections by acidify the urine of dogs and cats. Also helps control the odor from feline and canine urine residues. Comes with a palatable protein base.
Active ingredient: DL-Methionine.
Safe when given according to veterinarian's prescription and directions.
In rare cases, animals may experience gastrointestinal disturbances such as vomiting, diarrhea or loss of appetite.
Do not administer to animals with severe liver, kidney or pancreatic disease, or those with metabolic acidosis due to conditions like diabetes mellitus or urinary obstruction.
Methio-Form is a very palatable supplement, and overconsumption can be life-threatening. If your pet consumes too much, contact your veterinarian immediately. Talk with your veterinarian about other medications or supplements your pet may be taking.
Disposal of unused prescription medications:
- Revival Animal Health participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System which provides an environmentally safe destruction program.
- The preferred method of drug disposal is to return the unwanted product to a pharmacy that participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System. Seek a local pharmacy that participates in this program for safe disposal.
- A secondary method of drug disposal is to remove the unwanted medication from any wrappers or containers and place it in a plastic bag with moist coffee grounds or cat litter. This can be disposed of in the regular garbage collection.
- Please do NOT dispose of unwanted meds down the drain or toilet, as this may eventually find its way into the human water supply.
Disposal of medical sharps:
- When you're finished with the syringe and needle, do not try to recap, remove, bend or break the needle. This is where most injuries occur.
- Dispose the syringe and needle immediately in a nearby sharps container. All sharps must be deposited in a puncture-proof container. Make sure your storage location is child and animal proof.
- As with all product handling, make sure you wash your hands after handling medical sharps.
Disposal of sharps container:
- When your sharps container is half-full, sift dry Portland Cement throughout the sharps. Fill the container with water, and rotate until the cement is mixed and the sharps have been distributed throughout the cement mixture. Let cement dry for 24 hours.
- Seal the lid of the container tightly and use duct tape to seal. Label the container “Livestock Sharps” to properly identify the contents.
- Dispose of the containers in accordance with your state’s regulations.
Our pharmacy hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. − 4:30 p.m. CST.