- Metacam® Oral Suspension helps control the pain and inflammation associated with osteoarthritis in dogs
- Readily absorbed in the dog's body, helping to restore their mobility
- Honey-flavored suspension is easy to administer
This product is available by prescription only.
How to Order Prescription Medications
Prescription Authorization Form (PDF)
*Due to federal and state law, we cannot accept returns on prescription items.
*Revival Animal Health is licensed to sell prescriptions in 40 states. Click here to see the state list.
Oral Suspension is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) and is indicated for the control of pain and inflammation associated with osteoarthritis in dogs.
Active ingredient: Meloxicam.
Safe at recommended dosage, yet like other drugs of its class, it is not free from adverse reactions.
Gastrointestinal problems are the most common, including vomiting, soft stools, diarrhea and inappetance. Other side effects may include increased water consumption and urination, anemia, jaundice, lethargy, incoordination and behavior changes.
Not for use in dogs that are hypersensitive to meloxicam. Do not use in conjunction with other NSAIDs or corticosteroids. Do not use oral suspension in cats.
Not recommended for dogs with bleeding disorders, liver or kidney problems or dogs that are dehydrated. Safety has not been established in dogs under 6 months of age or breeding, pregnant and lactating dogs.
Disposal of unused prescription medications:
- Revival Animal Health participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System which provides an environmentally safe destruction program.
- The preferred method of drug disposal is to return the unwanted product to a pharmacy that participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System. Seek a local pharmacy that participates in this program for safe disposal.
- A secondary method of drug disposal is to remove the unwanted medication from any wrappers or containers and place it in a plastic bag with moist coffee grounds or cat litter. This can be disposed of in the regular garbage collection.
- Please do NOT dispose of unwanted meds down the drain or toilet, as this may eventually find its way into the human water supply.
Disposal of medical sharps:
- When you're finished with the syringe and needle, do not try to recap, remove, bend or break the needle. This is where most injuries occur.
- Dispose the syringe and needle immediately in a nearby sharps container. All sharps must be deposited in a puncture-proof container. Make sure your storage location is child and animal proof.
- As with all product handling, make sure you wash your hands after handling medical sharps.
Disposal of sharps container:
- When your sharps container is half-full, sift dry Portland Cement throughout the sharps. Fill the container with water, and rotate until the cement is mixed and the sharps have been distributed throughout the cement mixture. Let cement dry for 24 hours.
- Seal the lid of the container tightly and use duct tape to seal. Label the container “Livestock Sharps” to properly identify the contents.
- Dispose of the containers in accordance with your state’s regulations.
Our pharmacy hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. − 4:30 p.m. CST.