Home > All Pet Supplies >
Heartgard Plus Chewables
Item #: 80117-941-501
Availability: In Stock
Usually ships In 1-2 Business Days
- Heartgard® Plus Chewables helps prevent heartworm disease in dogs
- Also effective for treating and controlling roundworms and hookworms in the intestines
- Made with a real beef flavor for fast and easy consumption
This product is available by prescription only.
How to Order Prescription Medications
Prescription Authorization Form (PDF)
*Due to federal and state law, we cannot accept returns on prescription items.
*Revival Animal Health is licensed to sell prescriptions in 39 states. Click here to see the state list.
Indications: HeartGard Plus is for use in dogs to prevent canine heartworm disease by eliminating the tissue stage of heartworm larvae (Dirofilaria immitis) for a month (30 days) after infection and for the treatment and control of ascarids (Toxocara canis, Toxascaris leonina) and hookworms (Ancylostoma caninum, Uncinaria stenocephala, Ancylostoma braziliense).
Heartgard Blue: 68 mcg Ivermectin, 57 mg Pyrantel
Heartgard Green: 136 mcg Ivermectin,114 mg Pyrantel
Heartgard Brown: 272 mcg Ivermectin, 227 mg Pyrantel
Heartgard Plus has shown a wide margin of safety for all breeds and sizes when used as directed. Approved for puppies as young as 6 weeks, pregnant or breeding female dogs and stud dogs.
Side effects may include depression/lethargy, vomiting, anorexia, diarrhea, mydriasis, ataxia, staggering, convulsions and hypersalivation.
Do not give to puppies less than 6 weeks of age.
Studies have shown that Collie breeds are more sensitive to the effects of elevated doses of ivermectrin much higher than needed for heartworm prevention. If your dog shows any signs of hypersensitivity such as weakness, clumsiness, dilated pupils or trembling, bring to your veterinarian immediately.
All dogs should be tested for heartworm infection before treatment. Infected dogs must be treated before starting a prevention program with Heartgard.
Disposal of unused prescription medications:
- Revival Animal Health participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System which provides an environmentally safe destruction program.
- The preferred method of drug disposal is to return the unwanted product to a pharmacy that participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System. Seek a local pharmacy that participates in this program for safe disposal.
- A secondary method of drug disposal is to remove the unwanted medication from any wrappers or containers and place it in a plastic bag with moist coffee grounds or cat litter. This can be disposed of in the regular garbage collection.
- Please do NOT dispose of unwanted meds down the drain or toilet, as this may eventually find its way into the human water supply.
Disposal of medical sharps:
- When you're finished with the syringe and needle, do not try to recap, remove, bend or break the needle. This is where most injuries occur.
- Dispose the syringe and needle immediately in a nearby sharps container. All sharps must be deposited in a puncture-proof container. Make sure your storage location is child and animal proof.
- As with all product handling, make sure you wash your hands after handling medical sharps.
Disposal of sharps container:
- When your sharps container is half-full, sift dry Portland Cement throughout the sharps. Fill the container with water, and rotate until the cement is mixed and the sharps have been distributed throughout the cement mixture. Let cement dry for 24 hours.
- Seal the lid of the container tightly and use duct tape to seal. Label the container "Livestock Sharps" to properly identify the contents.
- Dispose of the containers in accordance with your state's regulations.
Our pharmacy hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. − 4:30 p.m. CST.