Home > All Pet Supplies >
Heartgard Feline Chewables
Item #: 80116-941-435
Purple, 5-15 lbs, 6ct
Availability: In Stock
Usually ships In 1-2 Business Days
- Heartgard® Chewables for Cats prevents Heartworm disease in felines
- Monthly treatment with Heartgard® Chewables for Cats also removes and controls hookworms
- Six chewable tablets per package
This product is available by prescription only.
How to Order Prescription Medications
Prescription Authorization Form (PDF)
*Due to federal and state law, we cannot accept returns on prescription items.
*Revival Animal Health is licensed to sell prescriptions in 37 states. Click here to see the state list.
Indications: Heartgard® Chewables for Cats prevent Heartworm disease in felines by eliminating the tissue stage of heartworm larvae (Dirofilaria immitis). Heartgard® should be given at monthly intervals when mosquitoes potentially carrying infective heartworm larvae are active. The initial dose must be given within a month (30 days) after the cat’s first exposure to mosquitoes. The final dose must be given within a month (30 days) after the cat’s last exposure to mosquitoes. For optimal performance, Heartgard® for Cats must be given once a month on or about the same date. If treatment is delayed, either by a few days or many, start immediate treatment with Heartgard® for Cats and resume the recommended dosing schedule to minimize the opportunity for the development of adult heartworm.
It is recommended that cats should be tested for existing Heartworm infection prior to starting treatment with Heartgard®. Cats already infected with adult heartworms can be given Heartgard® Chewables for Cats monthly to prevent further infections.
Monthly treatment with Heartgard® Chewables for Cats also removes and controls adult and immature hookworms (Ancylostoma tubaeforme and A. braziliense).
Heartgard® Chewables for Cats are for use in cats six weeks of age and older. Contains six chewables per package. Made in USA.
Protect from light. Store at controlled room temperature of 68°F-77°F (20°C-25°C). Excursions between 59°F-86°F (15°C-30°C) are permitted.
Heartgard® Chewables for Cats are stable for three years when stored below 77°F (25°C) and protected from light.
Cats 1-5 lbs: Ivermectin 55 mcg
Packaged six (6) chewable tablets per package.
Heartgard® has shown a wide margin of safety for all sizes and breeds of cats. Approved for use in kittens as young as 6 weeks old regardless of weight, pregnant or breeding queens and toms.
Side effects are rare, though may include vomiting and diarrhea.
Do not give to kittens less than 6 weeks of age.
Cats should be tested for Heartworm disease before treatment begins. Infected cats should be treated before starting a prevention program with Heartgard® Chewables for Cats.
Federal (U.S.A.) law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Keep out of the reach of children.
Disposal of unused prescription medications:
- Revival Animal Health participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System which provides an environmentally safe destruction program.
- The preferred method of drug disposal is to return the unwanted product to a pharmacy that participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System. Seek a local pharmacy that participates in this program for safe disposal.
- A secondary method of drug disposal is to remove the unwanted medication from any wrappers or containers and place it in a plastic bag with moist coffee grounds or cat litter. This can be disposed of in the regular garbage collection.
- Please do NOT dispose of unwanted meds down the drain or toilet, as this may eventually find its way into the human water supply.
Learn more about disposal of unused prescription medications here
Disposal of medical sharps:
- When you're finished with the syringe and needle, do not try to recap, remove, bend or break the needle. This is where most injuries occur.
- Dispose the syringe and needle immediately in a nearby sharps container. All sharps must be deposited in a puncture-proof container. Make sure your storage location is child and animal proof.
- As with all product handling, make sure you wash your hands after handling medical sharps.
Disposal of sharps container:
- When your sharps container is half-full, sift dry Portland Cement throughout the sharps. Fill the container with water, and rotate until the cement is mixed and the sharps have been distributed throughout the cement mixture. Let cement dry for 24 hours.
- Seal the lid of the container tightly and use duct tape to seal. Label the container "Livestock Sharps" to properly identify the contents.
- Dispose of the containers in accordance with your state's regulations.
Our pharmacy hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. − 4:30 p.m. CST.