Ear Care Kits usage:
- Ear Care Kits includes 1 Doc Roy's® EAR CLEANSER and 1 VET BASICS™ Medicated Ear Flush
- Doc Roy's® EAR CLEANSER is soothing, safe, and effective at cleaning your pet's ears
- It gently cleans, dries, and deodorizes the ear canal and is good for either daily or weekly use
- VET BASICS™ Medicated Ear Flush controls yeast and fungi that cause smelly ears
- Is an antibacterial and antifungal solution that cleans and flushes the skin and ears
- Save $2 when you buy the small pack and $5 when you buy the large pack.
Ear Care Kit makes keeping your pet's ears in tip top shape. Use Doc Roy's®
EAR CLEANSER once or twice weekly to remove wax build-up and prevent infections from getting a foothold. Treat smelly, itchy ears with VET BASICS™
Medicated Ear Flush. Controls yeast and fungi that cause smelly ears, dries the ear to promote healing, and inhibits bacteria growth. The kit provides complete ear care for your pet in one package.
The Small Pack includes a 4oz bottle of each EAR CLEANSER while the Large Pack combines an 8oz EAR CLEANSER with a 16oz Medicated Ear Flush. Safe to use on cats, dogs, or horses.
Doc Roy's® EAR CLEANSER
is a soothing, safe, and effective ear cleansing solution specifically formulated to deodorize and gently clean and dry the pet's ear canal. This creates the ideal environment for maintaining healthy ears. May be used for routine ear cleansing in healthy car canals or prior to administration of other products in the treatment of swimmer's ear or ear infections, such as otitis externa. It may be used in dogs and cats of any age.
VET BASICS™ Medicated Ear Flush
is a highly effective topical solution that helps manage skin and ear infections. It contains ketoconazole to manage yeast and fungi organisms, while EDTA creates an unfavorable environment for bacteria growth. The slightly alkaline pH (8) of TRIS (tromethamine) and EDTA also may help enhance your pet's antibiotic treatments. Safe to use on dogs, cats and horses.
Please click on "Directions"
for the appropriate directions.
Directions for Use:
For Antimicrobial Dermatological Conditions:
Doc Roy's® MEDICATED SHAMPOO
- Doc Roy's® EAR CLEANSER:
- Turn the nozzle to open the bottle and then apply literally into the ear canal. Gently massage the base of the ear. Allow pet to shake head and then wipe the inside of the ear flap with a cotton ball or cloth moistened with the cleanser to remove any excess liquid and debris. For excessively dirty ears: Apply 2-3 times daily over several days. For maintenance of healthy ears: Apply 1-2 times weekly or as often as directed by your veterinarian. Always apply after your dog has been swimming.
- VET BASICS® Medicated Ear Flush:
- Shake well before use. Clean away debris and apply liberally to the area. Do not allow the animal to lick the treated area until dry to prevent ingestion. Apply twice daily or as directed by your veterinarian. Wash hands after use.
Please click on "Ingredients"
for a list of ingredients, storage information, and cautions.
EAR CLEANSER is a soothing, safe, and effective ear cleansing solution specifically formulated to deodorize and gently clean and dry the pet's ear canal. It may be used in dogs and cats of any age.
Medicated Ear Flush is an antiseptic (antibacterial and antifungal) solution for gentle cleansing and flushing of skin and ears. Contains preservatives such as EDTA for antibacterial activity and ketoconazole for the effective management of yeast and fungi. The alkaline pH of the flush also helps potentiate the benefits of topical antibiotics used to treat ear infections, such as fluroquinolones and aminoglycosides. Can be safely used on dogs, cats, and horses.
What do Doc Roy's ingredients do:
- Doc Roy's® EAR CLEANSER Ingredients: Deionized Water, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Vera Gel, SD Alcohol 40, Lactic Acid, Glycerin, Dioctyl Sodium Sulfosuccinate, Salicylic Acid, Fragrance, Benzoic Acid, Benzyl Alcohol
- VET BASICS® Medicated Ear Flush: Ketoconazole 0.1%, EDTA, Tromethamine (TRIS).
What do Vet Basics ingredients do:
- Propylene Glycol is a surfactant that will help dissolve the exudates, dirt, and wax that may accumulate in the pet's ear canal.
- Aloe Vera Gel is used to resolve issues involving the skin. It can prevent dandruff and extremely dry skin and can play an important role in the aging process. Aloe Vera will soothe irritated skin and help minimize irritation and redness.
- Lactic Acid develops naturally in the body, generally in conjunction with exercise. It can be quite instrumental in avoiding hypoglycemia, a condition that causes a feeling of weakness and fatigue and serves as an important energy source. It is used to help create an environment that will minimize the growth of infectious bacteria.
- Glycerin helps dehydrate moisture to remove excess moisture from the ear canal, which makes it very helpful for swimmer's ear. It also has antiseptic properties.
- Salicylic Acid is often used to treat skin conditions. It softens the skin, taking off dead skin, and opening pores. It is also useful for the management of inflammation.
- Dioctyl Sodium Sulfosuccinate (DSS) is widely used in conjunction with irrigation, so it is useful for helping to break down wax in the ear canal.
- Benzoic Acid inhibits the growth of bacteria and is used to manage fungal skin diseases such as ringworm.
- Ketoconazole is an antifungal medication that works by interfering with the cell wall of fungi. It can slow or stop fungal growth in addition to actively killing off fungi and is effective against multiple yeasts and fungi. It can also be used effectively in the treatment of ringworm.
- Tromethamine (TRIS) is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug.
- Ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (EDTA) is used to remove debris from the ear canal as well as lubricating the canal.
Store at room temperature away from moisture, sunlight, and excessive heat.
For topical use on animals only. Avoid contact with eyes. In case of eye contact, flush with clear water and seek immediate medical attention. Keep out of the reach of children and pets to prevent unwanted consumption. Do not use in ears with ruptured eardrums (tympanic membrane).
Please click on "Articles"
for a list of articles, FAQs, and other helpful information and tips about Ear Care Kits.