- Droncit® is a broad spectrum dewormer against most tapeworms in dogs
- Effective, reliable relief of tapeworms transmitted by fleas
- Easy-to-use tablets provide convenient tapeworm control
This product is available by prescription only.
How to Order Prescription Medications
Prescription Authorization Form (PDF)
*Due to federal and state law, we cannot accept returns on prescription items.
*Revival Animal Health is licensed to sell prescriptions in 40 states. Click here to see the state list.
is indicated for the removal of the following canine cestodes: Dipylidium caninum, Taenia pisiformis, Echinococcus granulosus
and for the removal and control of Echinococcus multilocularis
Droncit is the most tried and trusted dewormer to eliminate tapeworms in dogs. Contains praziquantel for effective, reliable relief of tapeworms transmitted by fleas. Following exposure to praziquantel, the tapeworm loses its ability to resist digestion by the host. The majority of tapeworms killed are digested and not found in the feces, though you may see disintegrated or partially digested pieces of tapeworms in the stool.
Active ingredient: Praziquantel 34mg.
Droncit has a long history of reliable deworming in the veterinary health care field and offers a wide margin of safety.Side Effects:
Mild side effects were observed in 18 of 189 dogs (9.5%) and 8 of 85 cats (9.4%) administered Droncit Injectable in field trials. For dogs the majority of these were described as brief pain responses following injections to larger dogs (weighing over 50 lbs.). Two dogs exhibited a brief period of mild vomiting and/or drowsy or staggering gait.
Not intended for use in puppies less than 4 weeks of age.
Strict hygienic precautions should be taken when handling dogs or feces suspected of harboring E. multilocularis. Infected dogs treated for the first time with Droncit Injectable solution and dogs treated at intervals greater than 28 days may shed eggs in the feces after treatment. The animal should be held in the clinic during this interval and all feces should be incinerated or autoclaved. If these procedures are not possible, the eggs can be destroyed by soaking the feces in a sodium hypochlorite (bleach) solution of 3.75% or greater. All areas where the animal was maintained or in contact with should be thoroughly cleaned with sodium hypochlorite and allowed to dry completely before reuse.
Disposal of unused prescription medications:
- Revival Animal Health participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System which provides an environmentally safe destruction program.
- The preferred method of drug disposal is to return the unwanted product to a pharmacy that participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System. Seek a local pharmacy that participates in this program for safe disposal.
- A secondary method of drug disposal is to remove the unwanted medication from any wrappers or containers and place it in a plastic bag with moist coffee grounds or cat litter. This can be disposed of in the regular garbage collection.
- Please do NOT dispose of unwanted meds down the drain or toilet, as this may eventually find its way into the human water supply.
Disposal of medical sharps:
- When you're finished with the syringe and needle, do not try to recap, remove, bend or break the needle. This is where most injuries occur.
- Dispose the syringe and needle immediately in a nearby sharps container. All sharps must be deposited in a puncture-proof container. Make sure your storage location is child and animal proof.
- As with all product handling, make sure you wash your hands after handling medical sharps.
Disposal of sharps container:
- When your sharps container is half-full, sift dry Portland Cement throughout the sharps. Fill the container with water, and rotate until the cement is mixed and the sharps have been distributed throughout the cement mixture. Let cement dry for 24 hours.
- Seal the lid of the container tightly and use duct tape to seal. Label the container “Livestock Sharps” to properly identify the contents.
- Dispose of the containers in accordance with your state’s regulations.
Our pharmacy hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. − 4:30 p.m. CST.