Diatomaceous Earth (D/Earth) is an all-natural, effective pesticide that is made with the fossilized remains of microscopic shells, which are crushed into a fine powder. D/Earth is a short and long-term solution to parasite and pest problems. It kills external parasites and pests, such as ticks, fleas, lice, bed bugs and any pest with an exoskeleton. This product scratches an insect's waxy outer shell and absorbs the body fluids from the parasite, eventually killing the parasite by dehydration. Because the pest is killed through physical action and not chemical action, the pest cannot become immune to D/Earth.
It can be used on the skin and coat or around pets during the parasite season. You can even give the food grade D/Earth to animals internally to clear the digestive tract of impurities, worms and parasites. Lastly, you can use it to treat your yard and home. When used outside, D/Earth must be reapplied after precipitation.
D/Earth will need to re-applied after any precipitation.
Do not apply to the coat of puppies under 16 weeks old or on nursing mothers.
It is recommended that a dust mask is worn during application to prevent inhalation.
It is recommended that dust-sensitive individuals are not present during treatment.
When applying this product to pet bedding, household carpeting, or furniture, allow dust to settle before re-population of pets and humans.
100% Diatomaceous Earth
On animals: Use as a dusting during parasite season by sprinkling or rubbing into the coat of the animal.
Kennels: Sprinkle around kennel or bedding areas where there is a high concentration of parasites.
Oral use: 1-2 Tbsp per 50 lbs as needed as nutritional supplement for animals with skin & coat needs during the parasite season.