Home > All Pet Supplies >
Item #: 80141-475-428
Availability: In Stock
Usually ships In 1-2 Business Days
Deramaxx is indicated for the control of pain and inflammation associated with osteoarthritis in dogs, as well as the control of postoperative pain and inflammation associated with orthopedic surgery in dogs over 4 lbs.
Active ingredient: Deracoxib.
Well tolerated at the recommended dosage levels, but not free from adverse reactions. Owners should be advised of the potential side effects.
Vomiting, diarrhea, decreased appetite, dark or tarry stools, increased water consumption, increased urination, anemia, jaundice, lethargy, incoordination, seizures or behavioral changes.
Do not give to dogs with hypersensitivity to deracoxib and other NSAIDs. Do not use in conjunction with other anti-inflammatory drugs such as NSAIDs or corticosteroids. Do not use in cats.
Safety not established in dogs younger than 4 months or in breeding, pregnant or lactating dogs.
Disposal of unused prescription medications:
- Revival Animal Health participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System which provides an environmentally safe destruction program.
- The preferred method of drug disposal is to return the unwanted product to a pharmacy that participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System. Seek a local pharmacy that participates in this program for safe disposal.
- A secondary method of drug disposal is to remove the unwanted medication from any wrappers or containers and place it in a plastic bag with moist coffee grounds or cat litter. This can be disposed of in the regular garbage collection.
- Please do NOT dispose of unwanted meds down the drain or toilet, as this may eventually find its way into the human water supply.
Disposal of medical sharps:
- When you're finished with the syringe and needle, do not try to recap, remove, bend or break the needle. This is where most injuries occur.
- Dispose the syringe and needle immediately in a nearby sharps container. All sharps must be deposited in a puncture-proof container. Make sure your storage location is child and animal proof.
- As with all product handling, make sure you wash your hands after handling medical sharps.
Disposal of sharps container:
- When your sharps container is half-full, sift dry Portland Cement throughout the sharps. Fill the container with water, and rotate until the cement is mixed and the sharps have been distributed throughout the cement mixture. Let cement dry for 24 hours.
- Seal the lid of the container tightly and use duct tape to seal. Label the container "Livestock Sharps" to properly identify the contents.
- Dispose of the containers in accordance with your state's regulations.
Our pharmacy hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. − 4:30 p.m. CST.