Each Datamars ID microchip contains a unique 15-digit identification code that is ISO compatible, so you know your pet can be identified every time. The extremely durable glass capsule is pre-loaded into the disposable one-way implanter for easy and painless implantation. The "No Return Click" syringe offers additional safety. When properly and fully depressed, the syringe will give an audible click to alert the practitioner that implantation was performed correctly and is complete. It also blocks and locks the injector, which stops the microchip from being retracted back into the syringe while being removed from the animal's body. Each capsule contains an antenna coil and the microchip with the indelible RFID identification code.
The iMAX Plus Reader is safe and reliable, providing a high quality, interference-resistance signal and reading of your pet's microchip. Lightweight and easy to read with a backlit, LCD screen, it beeps after a successful reading. Automatically shuts down to conserve battery life after 90 seconds of non-use. Requires 9V battery, lasting about 1000 readings before a battery change. Compatible with any ISO standard microchip - 125, 128 and 134.2 kHz frequencies, plus it's compatible with AVID microchips.
General Microchipping Instructions:
1. Scan the pet to verify whether he or she has a microchip that was previously implanted.
2. Scan the Datamars blister pack to verify that the microchip is functional, and that the ID code matches the accompanying barcode labels.
3. Implant the Datamars microchip. Then rescan the pet to verify that the microchip can be localized.
4. Do not forget to complete the pet's registration in a database like PetLink.
5. If the pet is ever lost, hopefully his or her microchip can be scanned, and the owner's information retrieved.
Simply press the red scan button, localize the microchip and wait until you hear the beep. Once the microchip is read, the unique code is displayed on the backlit display.
Scanning tips: Hold the scanner close to or touching the animal. Be sure to scan slowly. Scan repeatedly and over the entire body.
Registering Datamars microchips with PetLink:
Datamars Chip registration forms can be obtained by calling Vedco at 888-708-3326.
Mail chip Registration forms and a one-time fee of $19.99 to:
c/o Datamars Inc.
250 West Cummings Park
Woburn, MA 01801
Suitable for all companion animals.