Home > All Pet Supplies >
Item #: 80140-475-490
Availability: In Stock
Usually ships In 1-2 Business Days
Label may be different than shown.
- Clomicalm® treats dogs suffering from separation anxiety in conjunction with behavior modification training
- Helps with behavior problems such as inappropriate barking, elimination and destructive behaviors
- For use in dogs greater than 6 months of age
This product is available by prescription only.
How to Order Prescription Medications
Prescription Authorization Form (PDF)
*Due to federal and state law, we cannot accept returns on prescription items.
*Revival Animal Health is licensed to sell prescriptions in 39 states. Click here to see the state list.
Clomicalm® Tablets are to be used as part of a comprehensive behavioral management program to treat separation anxiety in dogs greater than 6 months of age. Inappropriate barking or destructive behavior, as well as inappropriate elimination (urination or defecation) may be alleviated by the use of Clomicalm® Tablets in conjunction with behavior modification.
Separation anxiety is a complex behavior disorder displayed when the owner (or other attachment figure) leaves the dog. The signs of separation anxiety evaluated in controlled trials were vocalization, destructive behavior, excessive salivation, and inappropriate elimination. In the absence of the owner or attachment figure, dogs with separation anxiety may exhibit one or more of these clinical signs. Although the owner (attachment figure) may inadvertently misinterpret this behavior, which only happens in their absence, as spiteful, it is thought to be the result of anxiety experienced by the dog. Punishment is not considered appropriate for a dog with separation anxiety.
Proper recognition of clinical signs, including a complete patient history and assessment of the patient’s household environment, is essential to accurately diagnose and treat separation anxiety.
The use of Clomicalm® Tablets should not replace appropriate behavioral and environmental management but should be used to facilitate a comprehensive behavior management program.
Clomicalm® is rapidly absorbed when administered orally. Clomipramine is primarily metabolized in the liver.
Clomicalm® Tablets are contraindicated in dogs with known hypersensitivity to clomipramine or other tricyclic antidepressants.
Clomicalm® Tablets should not be used in male breeding dogs. Testicular hypoplasia was seen in dogs treated for 1 year at 12.5 times the maximum daily dose.
Clomicalm® Tablets should not be given in combination, or within 14 days before or after treatment with a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (e.g., selegiline hydrochloride (L-deprenyl), amitraz).
Clomicalm® Tablets are contraindicated for use in dogs with a history of seizures or concomitantly with drugs which lower the seizure threshold.
Store in a dry place at controlled room temperature, between 59° and 77°F (15-25°C). Store unused tablets in the original closed container.
Active ingredient: Clomipramine hydrochloride
Clomicalm® tablets are well-tolerated at the recommended dosages.
Side effects include but not limited to emesis, lethargy, diarrhea, polydipsia, decreased appetite, aggression, seizure, dry mouth, tremors, constipation, anisocoria, polyuria and hyperthermia.
Warnings: Federal law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Not for use in humans.
Keep out of the reach of children
Clomicalm® Tablets are not recommended for other behavior problems, such as aggression.
Studies to establish the safety and efficacy of Clomicalm® Tablets in dogs less than 6 months of age have not been conducted.
Safety studies to determine the effects of Clomicalm® Tablets in pregnant or lactating female dogs have not been conducted.
Clomicalm® Tablets should not be used in breeding males.
Disposal of unused prescription medications:
- Revival Animal Health participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System which provides an environmentally safe destruction program.
- The preferred method of drug disposal is to return the unwanted product to a pharmacy that participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System. Seek a local pharmacy that participates in this program for safe disposal.
- A secondary method of drug disposal is to remove the unwanted medication from any wrappers or containers and place it in a plastic bag with moist coffee grounds or cat litter. This can be disposed of in the regular garbage collection.
- Please do NOT dispose of unwanted meds down the drain or toilet, as this may eventually find its way into the human water supply.
Disposal of medical sharps:
- When you're finished with the syringe and needle, do not try to recap, remove, bend or break the needle. This is where most injuries occur.
- Dispose the syringe and needle immediately in a nearby sharps container. All sharps must be deposited in a puncture-proof container. Make sure your storage location is child and animal proof.
- As with all product handling, make sure you wash your hands after handling medical sharps.
Disposal of sharps container:
- When your sharps container is half-full, sift dry Portland Cement throughout the sharps. Fill the container with water, and rotate until the cement is mixed and the sharps have been distributed throughout the cement mixture. Let cement dry for 24 hours.
- Seal the lid of the container tightly and use duct tape to seal. Label the container "Livestock Sharps" to properly identify the contents.
- Dispose of the containers in accordance with your state's regulations.
Our pharmacy hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. − 4:30 p.m. CST.