- Clomicalm® relieves the suffering of dogs with separation anxiety in conjunction with behavior modification training
- Also helpful for other behavior problems, including inappropriate barking, elimination and destructive behaviors
- Comes in an easy-to-use tablet
This product is available by prescription only.
How to Order Prescription Medications
Prescription Authorization Form (PDF)
*Due to federal and state law, we cannot accept returns on prescription items.
*Revival Animal Health is licensed to sell prescriptions in 40 states. Click here to see the state list.
is to be used as part of a comprehensive behavioral management program to treat separation anxiety in dogs greater than 6 months of age. Inappropriate barking or destructive behavior, as well as inappropriate elimination may be alleviated by the use of Clomicalm tablets in conjunction with behavior modification.
Active ingredient: Clomipramine hydrochloride.
Clomicalm tablets are well-tolerated at the recommended dosages.
Lethargy may be common in the first couple weeks, but this will decrease as the dog becomes accustomed to the medication. Vomiting is also common, and can be decreased when administered with food. Diarrhea, increased thirst and elevation in liver enzymes may also occur.
Not for dogs with hypersensitivity to clomipramine or other tricyclic antidepressants. Do not use in combination or within 14 days of a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) such as selegiline (Anipryl) or amitraz (Mitaban or Preventic collars). Do not use in male breeding dogs, as testicular hypoplasia has been shown at elevated dosages. Not for dogs with a history of seizures.
Use caution in dogs with a history of cardiovascular or liver diseases. Safety has not been established in pregnant or lactating females.
Disposal of unused prescription medications:
- Revival Animal Health participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System which provides an environmentally safe destruction program.
- The preferred method of drug disposal is to return the unwanted product to a pharmacy that participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System. Seek a local pharmacy that participates in this program for safe disposal.
- A secondary method of drug disposal is to remove the unwanted medication from any wrappers or containers and place it in a plastic bag with moist coffee grounds or cat litter. This can be disposed of in the regular garbage collection.
- Please do NOT dispose of unwanted meds down the drain or toilet, as this may eventually find its way into the human water supply.
Disposal of medical sharps:
- When you're finished with the syringe and needle, do not try to recap, remove, bend or break the needle. This is where most injuries occur.
- Dispose the syringe and needle immediately in a nearby sharps container. All sharps must be deposited in a puncture-proof container. Make sure your storage location is child and animal proof.
- As with all product handling, make sure you wash your hands after handling medical sharps.
Disposal of sharps container:
- When your sharps container is half-full, sift dry Portland Cement throughout the sharps. Fill the container with water, and rotate until the cement is mixed and the sharps have been distributed throughout the cement mixture. Let cement dry for 24 hours.
- Seal the lid of the container tightly and use duct tape to seal. Label the container “Livestock Sharps” to properly identify the contents.
- Dispose of the containers in accordance with your state’s regulations.
Our pharmacy hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. − 4:30 p.m. CST.