No Returns on Books.Dog Breeders Gain New Insights
Canine Reproduction and Whelping
- Canine Reproduction & Whelping by Myra Savant Harris, RN
- A breeder's guide to canine reproduction and the problems that can arise
- Topics include reproduction problems, artificial insemination, diet, progesterone levels, C-sections, whelping, dew claw removal and more
- Down-to-earth and easy to understand!
- Paperback, 77 pages, copyright 2005
brings together information that is invaluable for today's dog breeder. Author Myra Savant Harris combines her years of experience as a labor and delivery and neonatal care nurse with her passion for breeding dogs to give you practical, useful and unusual information.
Learn how facts about human reproduction, conception and birth can get confused with the very different biology and physiology of the dog. Learn how fragile sperm truly are, when artificial insemination is preferred, and about the unseen causes of unsuccessful breedings. Based on her successful workshops, Myra teaches the reader how to have successful breedings and healthier pups. Canine Reproduction
will give you new perspectives on the art of dog breeding.
- How to prepare your young stud dog for breeding.
- How to tell when the bitch is ready to be bred.
- About the role of progesterone in breeding and how to use it to succeed.
- About easy, normal whelpings contrasted with nightmare whelping experiences.
- C-sections made understandable and how to handle aftercare of the bitch.
- How to remove dewclaws with the least trauma to mom and pups.