Prenatal is a proprietary blend of vitamins, minerals, and selected herbs that are formulated for the specific nutritional needs of pregnant females and her developing embryos. This premium prenatal supplement provides elevated levels of iron, folic acid, and zinc that optimizes the production of red blood cells and blood flow. In addition, this supplement provides the essential nutrients for the development of healthy newborns. Herbal ingredients, such as raspberry leaf, are added to improve uterine tone and to ease birthing.
Please Note: CAUTION: Not intended for use in male animals. Please use Breeders' Edge® Oxy-Stud for males.
Please click on "Dosage"
for the appropriate dosing instructions.
- Oxy-Mate Prenatal Ingredients: Human-grade pork, beef and liver, natural casing, wheat germ meal, cotton seed meal, Vitamin A, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, pyridoxine, biotin, folic acid, cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12), Vitamin D3, Vitamin E, selenium, calcium lactate, magnesium, ferrous fumerate, zinc sulfate, manganese, cupric sulfate, potassium iodine, red raspberry leaf, and nettle leaf
- Directions for Use: Give daily to pregnant female dogs and cats from breeding to birthing (usually 60-64 days)
- Small Breeds and Cats: 1/2 chew per day.
- Medium/Large Breeds: 1 chew per day.
- Giant Breeds: 2 chews per day.
May be used with a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID's), such as Rimadyl®
For Post-natal Supplementation of Nursing Females:
Breeders' Edge® Oxy-Momma™
For Male Supplementation:
Breeders' Edge® Oxy-Stud™
Please click on "Ingredients"
for a list of ingredients, storage information, and cautions.
Prenatal is a proprietary blend of vitamins, minerals, and selected herbs formulated for the nutritional needs of the pregnant female and her developing embryos. This premium prenatal supplement provides elevated levels of iron, folic acid, and zinc; optimizes production of red blood cells and will improve blood flow while delivering the essential nutrients for developing healthy newborns. Herbal ingredients are added to improve uterine tone and to ease birthing.
Breeders' Edge® Oxy-Mate™ Prenatal Ingredients:
Human-grade pork, beef and liver, natural casing, wheat germ meal, cotton seed meal, Vitamin A, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, pyridoxine, biotin, folic acid, cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12
), Vitamin D3
, Vitamin E, selenium, calcium lactate, magnesium, ferrous fumerate, zinc sulfate, manganese, cupric sulfate, potassium iodine, red raspberry leaf, and nettle leaf
What do the ingredients do:
- B-Vitamins are used to metabolize protein and fats within the body. They are essential for healthy hair, coat, skin, eyes, and liver and will encourage proper function of the nervous system.
- Thiamine, also known as Vitamin B1, is essential to the body to process carbohydrates. It also is important for the nerves, muscle cells, and brain functions.
- Riboflavin, Vitamin B2, helps the body by stimulating the metabolism and assisting in the digestion and absorption of fats, carbohydrates, and proteins.
- Niacin, Vitamin B3, is a powerful vitamin used to manage cholesterol problems, prevent diabetes, and help the body process fats.
- Pantothenic Acid, commonly known as Vitamin B5, helps convert carbohydrates into fuel inside the body and produces energy.
- Pyridoxine, Vitamin B6, is necessary to maintain the balance of sodium and potassium in the body, the encourages red blood cell production. It also assists the body in converting carbohydrates to glucose, which is used as the body's energy source.
- Biotin, also known as Vitamin B7, is important in the metabolic functions in the body, including cell growth, the synthesis of fatty acids, and the metabolism of amino acids. It also assists in the process of the body converting food into energy and the transfer of carbon dioxide within the body.
- Folic Acid, Vitamin B9, helps the body stay healthy by supporting the body's ability to produce red blood cells.
- Cyanocobalamin is commonly referred to as Vitamin B12. This vitamin is required for the metabolism of fats and carbohydrates, the production of red blood cells, and normal brain functioning.
- Vitamin D3, also known as cholecalciferol, is actually a hormone that is produced by the body when the skin is exposed to sunlight. Vitamin D3 is necessary for optimal calcium absorption, which helps build strong bones and teeth.
- Vitamin A is essential for eye and skin health, immune system function, and bone health. It also plays an important role in reproduction and reproductive health.
- Vitamin E is an antioxidant that provides important protection for damaged cells in the body and is believed to be an important tool against aging.
- Calcium makes up bones, teeth, shells, and other hard body parts. It is carried by the blood and plays an important role in the body. Magnesium is concentrated in the bones and promotes good muscles and bone health.
- Iron, or ferrous sulfate, is an essential mineral in production of red blood cells and helps prevent anemia. Zinc works with over 200 enzymes in the body for proper cell health and metabolism. Manganese promotes good muscle and bone health, aids in production of cartilage, and helps normal bone development.
- Iodine and Potassium are minerals that are essential for the body to stay healthy and active. Iodine is important for thyroid function. Potassium is known as an important nutrient that plays a role in muscle growth, nerve cell function, and protein synthesis.
- Wheat Germ and cotton seed are one of the most nutritional products available. They both contain essential fatty acids and are filled with the necessary vitamins. They contain 23 nutrients that are very high in protein.
- Red Raspberry Leaf is believed to be an excellent astringent that can be used to dry out wounds and tone skin. It is also used to treat diarrhea, stomach, and uterine cramps. Red Raspberry also help ease labor spasms. It does not change contractions, but helps mom rest in between contractions.
- Nettle Leaf is a calming agent that helps moms settle down and nurse after birth. It is extremely rich in iron and good for treating anemia, stimulating circulation, and preventing hemorrhages and other blood disorders. It is also known to help lower blood sugar levels.
Guaranteed Analysis per chew:
|Crude Protein (min.)
|Crude Fat (min.)
|Crude Fat (max.)
|Crude Fiber (min.)
|Folic Acid (min.)
Refrigerate after opening for up to 6 months. Avoid excessive heat. Unused portion may be frozen for longer shelf life.
Intended for use in pregnant dogs and cats. Not intended for male animals. Always consult your veterinarian before using this product in animals with chronic medical conditions such as clotting disorder, diabetes, or urinary tract disease. Consult your veterinarian for specific advice on the appropriate treatment and care for your dogs and cats. Keep out of the reach of children and pets to prevent unwanted consumption.
Please click on "Articles"
for a list of articles, FAQs, and other helpful information and tips about Breeders' Edge®