Benazepril HCl Tablets
Item #: 80135-V
An ACE inhibitor, Benazepril is used to treat heart failure, high blood pressure and some forms of kidney disease in dogs and cats. Causes blood vessels to relax and dilate to allow for easier blood flow.
Active ingredients: Benazepril Hydrochloride.
Generally safe when used according to your veterinarian's prescription.
Side effects may include lack of appetite, vomiting and diarrhea. Additional side effects are rare, but may include weakness, increased thirst and urination and weak heart rate.
Do not use in animals that are sensitive to the active ingredient or other ACE inhibitors. Not recommended for use in pregnant or lactating animals.
Use with caution in small cats, as safety has not been determined in cats less than 5.5 lbs. Use caution when using with NSAIDs. Monitor potassium levels if using at the same time as potassium sparing diuretics.
Disposal of unused prescription medications:
- Revival Animal Health participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System which provides an environmentally safe destruction program.
- The preferred method of drug disposal is to return the unwanted product to a pharmacy that participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System. Seek a local pharmacy that participates in this program for safe disposal.
- A secondary method of drug disposal is to remove the unwanted medication from any wrappers or containers and place it in a plastic bag with moist coffee grounds or cat litter. This can be disposed of in the regular garbage collection.
- Please do NOT dispose of unwanted meds down the drain or toilet, as this may eventually find its way into the human water supply.
Disposal of medical sharps:
- When you're finished with the syringe and needle, do not try to recap, remove, bend or break the needle. This is where most injuries occur.
- Dispose the syringe and needle immediately in a nearby sharps container. All sharps must be deposited in a puncture-proof container. Make sure your storage location is child and animal proof.
- As with all product handling, make sure you wash your hands after handling medical sharps.
Disposal of sharps container:
- When your sharps container is half-full, sift dry Portland Cement throughout the sharps. Fill the container with water, and rotate until the cement is mixed and the sharps have been distributed throughout the cement mixture. Let cement dry for 24 hours.
- Seal the lid of the container tightly and use duct tape to seal. Label the container "Livestock Sharps" to properly identify the contents.
- Dispose of the containers in accordance with your state's regulations.
Our pharmacy hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. − 4:30 p.m. CST.