- Baytril® Taste Tabs treat and manage a variety of bacterial pathogens in dogs
- Effective against gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria in the urinary tract, respiratory system and skin
- Make medication therapy easy and convenient
This product is available by prescription only.
How to Order Prescription Medications
Prescription Authorization Form (PDF)
*Due to federal and state law, we cannot accept returns on prescription items.
*Revival Animal Health is licensed to sell prescriptions in 40 states. Click here to see the state list.
are indicated for the management of diseases associated with bacteria susceptible to enrofloxacin. Baytril Antibacterial Tablets are indicated for use in dogs and cats.
Baytril treats and manages a variety of bacterial pathogens in dogs. Effective against both gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria in the urinary tract, respiratory system and skin.Urinary Tract Infections:
Exhibits rapid bacterial action with excellent renal tolerance in the urinary tract and the prostate. Concentrates in the urine via renal excretion, glomerular filtration and active tubular secretion. It also penetrates the prostate, mucosal epithelium and any inflamed tissues.Respiratory Infections:
Irreversibly inhibits bacterial gyrase, which is a key enzyme for bacterial replication. This results in a rapid destruction of pathogens in the tissues, fluids and phagocytic cells in the respiratory system. Attains excellent concentrations in pulmonary and bronchial tissues, which is important for treating acute and chronic respiratory conditions such as bronchitis and pneumonia.Dermal Infections:
Concentrates in inflamed tissue to provide excellent antibacterial action at the site of the infection. Effective against Staphylococcus intermedius, Escherichia coli, Proteus mirabilis
and Klebsiella pneumoniae.
Active ingredient: Enrofloxacin 22.7 mg or 68 mg
Baytril is well tolerated by the patient, with few side effects.
May see signs of gastrointestinal effects (vomiting, diarrhea, anorexia, elevated liver enzymes), neurologic (ataxia, seizures) or behavioral (depression, lethargy, nervousness). Cats may also see ocular effects such as mydriasis, retinal degeneration or loss of vision.
For use in animals only.
In rare instances, use of this product in cats has been associated with Retinal Toxicity. Do not exceed 5 mg/kg of body weight per day in cats.
Safety in breeding or pregnant cats has not been established.
Individuals with a history of hypersensitivity to quinolones should avoid this product.
Quinolone-class drugs should be used with caution in animals with known or suspected Central Nervous System (CNS) disorders. In such animals, quinolones have, in rare instances, been associated with CNS stimulation which may lead to convulsive seizures.
The use of fluoroquinolones in cats has been reported to adversely affect the retina. Such products should be used with caution in cats.
Disposal of unused prescription medications:
- Revival Animal Health participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System which provides an environmentally safe destruction program.
- The preferred method of drug disposal is to return the unwanted product to a pharmacy that participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System. Seek a local pharmacy that participates in this program for safe disposal.
- A secondary method of drug disposal is to remove the unwanted medication from any wrappers or containers and place it in a plastic bag with moist coffee grounds or cat litter. This can be disposed of in the regular garbage collection.
- Please do NOT dispose of unwanted meds down the drain or toilet, as this may eventually find its way into the human water supply.
Disposal of medical sharps:
- When you're finished with the syringe and needle, do not try to recap, remove, bend or break the needle. This is where most injuries occur.
- Dispose the syringe and needle immediately in a nearby sharps container. All sharps must be deposited in a puncture-proof container. Make sure your storage location is child and animal proof.
- As with all product handling, make sure you wash your hands after handling medical sharps.
Disposal of sharps container:
- When your sharps container is half-full, sift dry Portland Cement throughout the sharps. Fill the container with water, and rotate until the cement is mixed and the sharps have been distributed throughout the cement mixture. Let cement dry for 24 hours.
- Seal the lid of the container tightly and use duct tape to seal. Label the container “Livestock Sharps” to properly identify the contents.
- Dispose of the containers in accordance with your state’s regulations.
Our pharmacy hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. − 4:30 p.m. CST.