- Amoxicillin Capsules (Generic) are a broad-spectrum antibiotic that kills infection-causing bacteria, stopping their growth
- Safe with use with few side effects in dogs, cats and other animals
This product is available by prescription only.
How to Order Prescription Medications
Prescription Authorization Form (PDF)
*Due to federal and state law, we cannot accept returns on prescription items.
*Revival Animal Health is licensed to sell prescriptions in 40 states. Click here to see the state list.
Amoxicillin Capsules (Generic) are a broad-spectrum antibiotic in the penicillin class, which stops the growth of infection-causing bacteria in dogs and cats.
Active ingredient: 250mg Amoxicillin
Most animals tolerate amoxicillin very well.
May cause decreased appetite, vomiting and diarrhea in dogs and cats. Giving with food decreases the chances of side effects.
Check with your veterinarian before giving to animals with a history of penicillin problems or allergies. Do not give to horses or rabbits unless directed by a veterinarian, because it can cause severe diarrhea and subsequent colic.
Give full dosage and prescription to animals, even if they appear to recover. Symptoms may be alleviated before the infection is completely treated.
Disposal of unused prescription medications:
- Revival Animal Health participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System which provides an environmentally safe destruction program.
- The preferred method of drug disposal is to return the unwanted product to a pharmacy that participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System. Seek a local pharmacy that participates in this program for safe disposal.
- A secondary method of drug disposal is to remove the unwanted medication from any wrappers or containers and place it in a plastic bag with moist coffee grounds or cat litter. This can be disposed of in the regular garbage collection.
- Please do NOT dispose of unwanted meds down the drain or toilet, as this may eventually find its way into the human water supply.
Disposal of medical sharps:
- When you're finished with the syringe and needle, do not try to recap, remove, bend or break the needle. This is where most injuries occur.
- Dispose the syringe and needle immediately in a nearby sharps container. All sharps must be deposited in a puncture-proof container. Make sure your storage location is child and animal proof.
- As with all product handling, make sure you wash your hands after handling medical sharps.
Disposal of sharps container:
- When your sharps container is half-full, sift dry Portland Cement throughout the sharps. Fill the container with water, and rotate until the cement is mixed and the sharps have been distributed throughout the cement mixture. Let cement dry for 24 hours.
- Seal the lid of the container tightly and use duct tape to seal. Label the container “Livestock Sharps” to properly identify the contents.
- Dispose of the containers in accordance with your state’s regulations.
Our pharmacy hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. − 4:30 p.m. CST.