Home > All Pet Supplies >
Item #: 80101-795-430
Availability: In Stock
Usually ships In 1-2 Business Days
- Albon® Tablets are effective for treating a wide range of bacterial infections in dogs and cats
- Effective against Coccidiosis, Bronchitis, Pustular Dermatitis, Anal Glad Infections and more
- Low-dosage, rapidly absorbed and long-acting
- Comes in easy-dosing tablets or custard-flavored oral suspension
Now available in single doses! Easily order tablets in the specific quantity prescribed by your veterinarian.
This product is available by prescription only.
How to Order Prescription Medications
Prescription Authorization Form (PDF)
*Due to federal and state law, we cannot accept returns on prescription items.
*Revival Animal Health is licensed to sell prescriptions in 37 states. Click here to see the state list.
Albon® Tablets are effective for treating a wide range of bacterial infections commonly seen in dogs and cats. Albon is indicated for the treatment of respiratory, genitourinary tract, and soft-tissue infections. It is also indicated for treating dogs with bacterial enteritis associated with Coccidiosis. A single, daily dose gives rapid and sustained therapeutic blood levels for 24 hours. Daily dosing increases likelihood of compliance, potentially improving outcomes. Available as a tablet and a palatable custard-flavored suspension for easy administration.
Effective against Tonsillitis, Pharyngitis, Bronchitis, Pneumonia, Cystitis, Nephritis, Metritis, Pyometra, Pustular Dermatitis, Anal Gland Infections, abscesses, wound infections, Bacterial Enteritis, canine Salmonellosis and other bacterial enteritis associated with Coccidiosis in dogs when caused by streptococci, staphylococci, escherichia, salmonella, klebsiella, proteus and shigella organisms sensitive to Sulfadimethoxine.
Tablets: Choose either 125 mg or 250 mg Sulfadimethoxine.
Store between 15° and 30°C (59° and 86°F).
Data regarding acute and chronic toxicities of Sulfadimethoxine indicate the drug is very safe.
Few side effects have been reported, though some animals may experience diarrhea.
Not intended for human use.
Albon should not be used in dogs and cats with marked liver damage, blood dyscrasias, or in those with a history of sulfonamide hypersensitivity.
Make sure animals maintain adequate water intake throughout treatment.
If no improvement is seen after 2 or 3 days, you should re-evaluate the diagnosis.
Federal law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Keep out of the reach of children
Disposal of unused prescription medications:
- Revival Animal Health participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System which provides an environmentally safe destruction program.
- The preferred method of drug disposal is to return the unwanted product to a pharmacy that participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System. Seek a local pharmacy that participates in this program for safe disposal.
- A secondary method of drug disposal is to remove the unwanted medication from any wrappers or containers and place it in a plastic bag with moist coffee grounds or cat litter. This can be disposed of in the regular garbage collection.
- Please do NOT dispose of unwanted meds down the drain or toilet, as this may eventually find its way into the human water supply.
Learn more about disposal of unused prescription medications here
Disposal of medical sharps:
- When you're finished with the syringe and needle, do not try to recap, remove, bend or break the needle. This is where most injuries occur.
- Dispose the syringe and needle immediately in a nearby sharps container. All sharps must be deposited in a puncture-proof container. Make sure your storage location is child and animal proof.
- As with all product handling, make sure you wash your hands after handling medical sharps.
Disposal of sharps container:
- When your sharps container is half-full, sift dry Portland Cement throughout the sharps. Fill the container with water, and rotate until the cement is mixed and the sharps have been distributed throughout the cement mixture. Let cement dry for 24 hours.
- Seal the lid of the container tightly and use duct tape to seal. Label the container "Livestock Sharps" to properly identify the contents.
- Dispose of the containers in accordance with your state's regulations.
Our pharmacy hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. − 4:30 p.m. CST.