Home > All Pet Supplies >
Albon 5% Oral Suspension
Item #: 80102-275
Availability: In Stock
Usually ships In 1-2 Business Days
- Albon® 5% Oral Suspension provides long-lasting action against a variety of bacterial infections in the respiratory, intestinal and genitourinary tract
- Effective against coccidiosis, bronchitis, pustular dermatitis, anal gland infections and more
- Comes in easy-dosing tablets or custard-flavored oral suspension
This product is available by prescription only.
How to Order Prescription Medications
Prescription Authorization Form (PDF)
*Due to federal and state law, we cannot accept returns on prescription items.
*Revival Animal Health is licensed to sell prescriptions in 39 states. Click here to see the state list.
Albon Oral Suspension is indicated for the treatment of respiratory, genitourinary tract, enteric and soft tissue infections in dogs and cats. Effective against tonsillitis, pharyngitis, bronchitis, pneumonia, cystitis, nephritis, metritis, pyometra, pustular dermatitis, anal gland infections, abscesses, wound infections, bacterial enteritis, canine salmonellosis and other bacterial enteritis associated with coccidiosis in dogs when caused by streptococci, staphylcocci, escherichia, salmonella, klebsiella, proteus and shigella organisms sensitive to sulfadimethoxine.
Tablets contain 125mg or 250mg sulfadimethoxine. Oral suspension contains 5% sulfadimethoxine.
Data regarding actue and chronic toxicities of sulfadimethoxine indicate the drug is very safe.
Few side effects have been reported, though some animals may experience diarrhea.
Not intended for human use.
Make sure animals maintain adequate water intake throughout treatment. If no improvement is seen after 2-3 days, you should re-evaluate diagnosis.
Disposal of unused prescription medications:
- Revival Animal Health participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System which provides an environmentally safe destruction program.
- The preferred method of drug disposal is to return the unwanted product to a pharmacy that participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System. Seek a local pharmacy that participates in this program for safe disposal.
- A secondary method of drug disposal is to remove the unwanted medication from any wrappers or containers and place it in a plastic bag with moist coffee grounds or cat litter. This can be disposed of in the regular garbage collection.
- Please do NOT dispose of unwanted meds down the drain or toilet, as this may eventually find its way into the human water supply.
Disposal of medical sharps:
- When you're finished with the syringe and needle, do not try to recap, remove, bend or break the needle. This is where most injuries occur.
- Dispose the syringe and needle immediately in a nearby sharps container. All sharps must be deposited in a puncture-proof container. Make sure your storage location is child and animal proof.
- As with all product handling, make sure you wash your hands after handling medical sharps.
Disposal of sharps container:
- When your sharps container is half-full, sift dry Portland Cement throughout the sharps. Fill the container with water, and rotate until the cement is mixed and the sharps have been distributed throughout the cement mixture. Let cement dry for 24 hours.
- Seal the lid of the container tightly and use duct tape to seal. Label the container "Livestock Sharps" to properly identify the contents.
- Dispose of the containers in accordance with your state's regulations.
Our pharmacy hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. − 4:30 p.m. CST.