Advantage Multi® for Dogs protects your pet from multiple parasites. This convenient monthly topical was shown in clinical trials to be effective in preventing Heartworm disease. This topical also kills adult fleas, treats flea infestations, treats and controls sarcoptic mange, and treats and controls roundworms, hookworms, and whipworms. Advantage Multi® for Dogs is the only FDA-approved product labeled for the treatment of circulating microfilaria in Heartworm-positive dogs. For use on dogs and puppies 7 weeks of age and older and weighing at least 3 lbs. Do not use dog products on cats.
Active Ingredients: Imidacloprid and Moxidectin
Store at temperature between 39°F to 77°F (4°C to 25°C). Avoid excess heat or cold.
Safety and effectiveness is dependent on correct administration.
Side effects may include lethargy, inappetence, hyperactivity, cough, vomiting, diarrhea, dyspnea, tachypnea, or pulmonary hemorrhage.
Not for human use. Do not use on sick, debilitated, or underweight animals. Do not use on dogs less than 7 weeks of age or less than 3 lbs. body weight. Children should not come into contact with the application site for 2 hours after application.
Do not administer this product orally. For the first 30 minutes after application, ensure that dogs or other animals cannot lick the product from application sites. Ingestion of this product by dogs may cause serious adverse reactions including depression, salivation, dilated pupils, incoordination, panting, and generalized muscle tremors.
The safety of Advantage Multi for Dogs has not been established in breeding, pregnant, or lactating dogs.
Federal law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Keep out of the reach of children
Disposal of unused prescription medications:
- Revival Animal Health participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System which provides an environmentally safe destruction program.
- The preferred method of drug disposal is to return the unwanted product to a pharmacy that participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System. Seek a local pharmacy that participates in this program for safe disposal.
- A secondary method of drug disposal is to remove the unwanted medication from any wrappers or containers and place it in a plastic bag with moist coffee grounds or cat litter. This can be disposed of in the regular garbage collection.
- Please do NOT dispose of unwanted meds down the drain or toilet, as this may eventually find its way into the human water supply.
Learn more about disposal of unused prescription medications here
Disposal of medical sharps:
- When you're finished with the syringe and needle, do not try to recap, remove, bend or break the needle. This is where most injuries occur.
- Dispose the syringe and needle immediately in a nearby sharps container. All sharps must be deposited in a puncture-proof container. Make sure your storage location is child and animal proof.
- As with all product handling, make sure you wash your hands after handling medical sharps.
Disposal of sharps container:
- When your sharps container is half-full, sift dry Portland Cement throughout the sharps. Fill the container with water, and rotate until the cement is mixed and the sharps have been distributed throughout the cement mixture. Let cement dry for 24 hours.
- Seal the lid of the container tightly and use duct tape to seal. Label the container "Livestock Sharps" to properly identify the contents.
- Dispose of the containers in accordance with your state's regulations.
Our pharmacy hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. − 4:30 p.m. CST.