Home > All Pet Supplies >
Advantage Multi for Cats
Item #: 80169-1134
Availability: In Stock
Usually ships In 1-2 Business Days
- Advantage Multi® for Cats protects your pet from multiple parasites
- Convenient monthly topical prevents Heartworm disease
- Kills fleas, ear mites, roundworms, and hookworms
- FDA-approved for use on ferrets
This product is available by prescription only.
How to Order Prescription Medications
Prescription Authorization Form (PDF)
*Due to federal and state law, we cannot accept returns on prescription items.
*Revival Animal Health is licensed to sell prescriptions in 37 states. Click here to see the state list.
Advantage Multi® for Cats protects your pet from multiple parasites. This convenient monthly topical was shown in clinical trials to be effective in preventing Heartworm disease. This topical also kills adult fleas, treats flea infestations, treats and controls ear mites, and treats and controls common intestinal parasites such as roundworms and hookworms. For use on cats and kittens 9 weeks of age and older and weighing at least 2 lbs. Advantage Multi® for Cats is also FDA-approved for use on ferrets to kill adult fleas, treat flea infestations, and prevent Heartworm disease. For use on ferrets that weigh at least 2 lbs.
Active Ingredients: Imidacloprid and Moxidectin
Store at temperature between 39°F to 77°F (4°C to 25°C). Avoid excess heat or cold.
Safety and effectiveness is dependent on correct administration.
Side effects may include lethargy, behavioral changes, discomfort, hypersalivation, coughing, gagging, or increased thirst.
Not for human use. Do not use on sick, debilitated, or underweight cats. Do not use on cats less than 9 weeks of age or less than 2 lbs. body weight. Children should not come into contact with the application site for 30 minutes after application.
Avoid oral ingestion. Cats may experience hypersalivation, tremors, vomiting and decreased appetite if they groom or lick the application site.
Use only the 0.4 ml Advantage Multi for Cats on ferrets.
The safety of Advantage Multi for Cats has not been established in breeding, pregnant, or lactating cats.
The effectiveness of Advantage Multi for Cats against Heartworm infections after bathing has not been evaluated in cats.
Federal law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Keep out of the reach of children
Disposal of unused prescription medications:
- Revival Animal Health participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System which provides an environmentally safe destruction program.
- The preferred method of drug disposal is to return the unwanted product to a pharmacy that participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System. Seek a local pharmacy that participates in this program for safe disposal.
- A secondary method of drug disposal is to remove the unwanted medication from any wrappers or containers and place it in a plastic bag with moist coffee grounds or cat litter. This can be disposed of in the regular garbage collection.
- Please do NOT dispose of unwanted meds down the drain or toilet, as this may eventually find its way into the human water supply.
Learn more about disposal of unused prescription medications here
Disposal of medical sharps:
- When you're finished with the syringe and needle, do not try to recap, remove, bend or break the needle. This is where most injuries occur.
- Dispose the syringe and needle immediately in a nearby sharps container. All sharps must be deposited in a puncture-proof container. Make sure your storage location is child and animal proof.
- As with all product handling, make sure you wash your hands after handling medical sharps.
Disposal of sharps container:
- When your sharps container is half-full, sift dry Portland Cement throughout the sharps. Fill the container with water, and rotate until the cement is mixed and the sharps have been distributed throughout the cement mixture. Let cement dry for 24 hours.
- Seal the lid of the container tightly and use duct tape to seal. Label the container "Livestock Sharps" to properly identify the contents.
- Dispose of the containers in accordance with your state's regulations.
Our pharmacy hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. − 4:30 p.m. CST.